Heartsaver CPR & AED Certification
Heartsaver CPR AED
Heartsaver First Aid CPR & AED Certification training, teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage an emergency until emergency medical services arrives. Skills covered in this course include first aid; choking relief in adults, children, and infants; and what to do for sudden cardiac arrest in adults, children, and infants.
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
- Child CPR and AED use
- Infant CPR
- Adult, child, and infant choking
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR, including child and infant choking
- Optional exam
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child and infant modules are optional.
CE/CME credits are not offered for this course.
During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their first aid skills practice and testing.